Advice posted 23/03/20
Good hand hygiene is advised to prevent spread
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If handwashing facilities are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
NHS Handwashing technique video
Common symptoms of coronavirus include
- high temperature or fever
- shortness of breath
A free helpline has been set up for people who do not have symptoms but are looking for general advice: 0800 028 2816
NHS GUIDANCE FOR CORONAVIRUS
Public health advice can be found at: Coronavirus (COVID-19) on NHS Inform
SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS IN SCOTLAND
ADVICE FOR SCOTTISH BUSINESSES
FIT FOR TRAVEL - Travel advice and country specific information
HEALTH PROTECTION SCOTLAND WORKPLACE ADVICE
SCOTTISH BORDERS COUNCIL LATEST PUBLIC INFORMATION
ADVICE FOR OLDER PEOPLE FROM AGE UK